Our home, since 1960, is Loch Park, New Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland and we play in the West Region of the Scottish Junior Football Association.
John Paul Boyle and Joe Andrew have signed one-year deals and so too has Kieran McAnespie who joined the club last season in a coaching capacity while still registered as a player with Petershill. Following his loan spell from Queens Park, Cammy Marlow has signed a new two year deal.
Glenafton Athletic would like to thank David Buchanan and Jamie Hay (midfielder) who have now left the club and wish them well in the future. Many thanks to Craig McGuffie who has returned to Ayr United following his loan deal at Loch Park. Work commitments also see Jamie McGeoghegan leave Loch Park again!
Glenafton are delighted to announce the following new signings and welcome them to Loch Park.
- Ryan Borris from Hurlford United. The 33 year old midfielder played at senior level for 11 seasons with Dumbarton (two spells), Raith Rovers, Ayr United and Stranraer. Ryan joined Kilbirnie Ladeside in 2014/15 before making the move to Blair Park last season.
- Blair Lochhead from Albion Rovers. The 21 year old goalkeeper joined the Cliftonhill side after two seasons with Queen’s Park
- Andrew Hunter from Bonnyton Thistle U21’s. Left-back Andy was a member of the Bonnyton side that won back-to-back Scottish Youth cups in 2012 and 2013, defeating Glenafton in the latter.
- Kyle McAusland from Alloa Athletic. The 23 year old defender from Cumnock joined the Rangers youth set up in 2012 and then had laon spells at Ayr United and Brechin City . Kyle signed for Dunfermline in January 2015 before making the move to the Wasps last season.
- Connor Lynass from Clyde: The 21 year-old attacking midfielder joined Clyde in 2011/12 progressing through the U17s and U20s. He stepped up to the full squad last season when he also had a loan period at Petershill and played against the Glens at Loch Park.
Ardagh Sectional Cup Match 2
Saturday 20 th August 2016
- Lugar Boswell Thistle 0 Glenafton Athletic 5
A first half brace from Cameron Marlow and second half strikes by Dan Orsi, Chris Dallas and Connor Lynass secured a 5-0 win over Lugar . Report here
Glenafton finish 3rd in the Section and Cumnock and Auchinleck progress to the knock-out stages of the competition.
Ardagh Sectional Cup Fixtures
- Saturday 6th August- Kello Rovers 1 Glenafton Athletic 3
- Wednesday 10th August- Glenafton Athletic 1 Auchinleck Talbot 1
- Saturday 13th August- Glenafton Athletic 6 Muirkirk Juniors 1
- Wednesday 17th August- Glenafton Athletic 0 Cumnock Juniors2
- Saturday 20th August- Lugar Boswell Thistle 0 Genafton Athletic 5
Premier Division Fixtures
- Saturday 27th August- Pollok (Home)
- Saturday 3rd September- Kilwinning Rangers (Away)
- Saturday 10th September- Kilbirnie (Away)
- Saturday 17th September- Auchinleck Talbot (Home)
West of Scotland Cup 1st Round
- Carluke Rovers (Away)
Paying for the Jersey (PFTJ) 2016/17
- Thank you to John Whiteford, George Capstick, John Riddall, Ladies Committee, James Guthrie and Bobby Guthrie for signing on for another season of PFTJ … check out their selections here.
- Why not sign up today …. contact any of the committee and let them know.
- Banner of the week
- A big THANK YOU to all our Banner sponsors …. more here